Teacher Training Program
Teacher Training Program
Teaching Skills Training
Although we’re not quite ready to reinstate the TTP at our Centre, we nevertheless need people to train as branch teachers. This Teaching Skillsprogram will help you improve your skills and confidence in teaching Kadam Dharma.
Anyone who is teaching already or who wishes to teach and attends classes regularly can join the Teaching Skills program. The commitment is to make a sincere effort to attend all classes at your closest Centre, which will be scheduled every 4-6 weeks in Calgary. Remote participation via Internet can be arranged with the Education Program Coordinator at email@example.com.
Please understand that being in the Teaching Skills program does not guarantee a teaching assignment. Also, it is requested that anyone who teaches regularly or occasionally attend these classes. Even the Resident Teacher attends TTP and Teaching Skills!
About the Teacher Training Program
The Teacher Training Program(TTP) offers the deepest level of study, practice and commitment. Even those who are not thinking of teaching Kadam Dharma in this lifetime may join the program. The commitments of this program are an opportunity to dedicate fully and make progress in our spiritual practice, fulfilling our Bodhichitta wish. How wonderful!
The program requires:
- A firm intention to complete the study of all the TTP topics (described below)
- Regular attendance at weekly TTP classes
- Attendance at teaching skills sessions when programmed (during regular class times)
- Attendance at pujas at the Centre every week to the best of one’s ability
- Attending five short retreats annually, or engaging in those retreats on one’s own time to the best of one’s ability
Books Studied on the Teacher Training Program
The following are subjects studied in the TTP (topics in blue are book studies exclusive to the TTP):
- The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
- Training the Mind, based on the commentaries Universal Compassion and Eight Steps to Happiness
- The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary The New Heart of Wisdom
- Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
- Types of Mind, based on the commentary How to Understand the Mind
- Guide to the Middle Way, based on the commentary Ocean of Nectar
- Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on the commentary Clear Light of Bliss
- The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline, based on the commentary The Bodhisattva Vow
- Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on the commentaries Great Treasury of Merit and Mahamudra Tantra
- Vajrayogini Tantra, based on the commentary Guide to Dakini Land
- Grounds and Paths of Secret Mantra, based on the commentary Tantric Grounds and Paths
- The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala, based on the commentary Essence of Vajrayana
Please contact the Resident Teacher for more information on the Teacher Training Program.